Long has smartphone manufacturers promised us how their device will bring us some revolutionary change, but have not come through.
Huawei on the other hand does feel pretty confident in saying they brought out a “phone from the future“. This “future phone” is called the Honor Magic.
What makes this phone so futuristic is AI(Artificial Intelligence), which surprisingly does a pretty good job.
Lets first start off with the specs:
|Display||5.09-inch AMOLED display
2560 x 1440 resolution
|Processor||2.3GHz octa-core Huawei Kirin 950|
|Cameras||Rear: 12MP dual lens sensor with an f/2.2 aperture
Front: 8MP sensor with an f/2.0 aperture
MicroUSB (USB 2.0)
GPS/AGPS/Glonass/BeiDou Navigation Satellite System
|Sensors||Hall effect sensor
Ambient light sensor
Phone status indicator
|Software||Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Honor Magic Live
|Colors||Golden Black, Porcelain White|
|Dimensions and weight||146.1 x 69.9 x 7.8mm
These all look like features a flagship device should have, but the magic comes out when things work together with the help of AI.
Some of the features that the Magic has:
WiseScreen – combines a sensor in the phone’s frame and an infrared sensor – the frame sensor and the camera are supposed to recognize the owner’s hand and eyes, which then turns on the screen – when the phone is put down, its suppose to turn off the screen immediately.
FaceCode Intelligent Recognition – notifications on the phone will only be revealed to pre-registered faces.
AI driven features:
- when you chat to your friends about movies, Honor Magic will be able to recommend the latest movies for you
- when on the road, Honor Magic automatically recognises that you are driving and prompts you to switch your phone to driving mode
- DeepThink – press and hold the home button and it will show you information based on the current website you are on (same way Google Now does)
- once you use Honor Magic to order a cab, the driver’s license plate information will be shown on the display under locked screen mode
- Honor Magic will automatically display the ticket booking number when you arrive at the theater
- Honor Magic will automatically display the tracking number when you arrive at the parcel counter
- your boarding pass pops into view when you arrive at the airport
The phone is also suppose to activate certain features when you need it, like when you enter a dark room the phone should display the flashlight feature on the lock screen for easy access. Another cool feature is called MyPocket, which will allow yo uto swipe up from the bottom of the screen and activate “save” and “share” button so you can collect and share articles, music and videos.
One small but great feature is Magic Touch: Honor Magic’s home key is an all-in-one key, replacing the “back” and “overview” buttons. You can do multiple actions by touching, double tapping or swiping on this one key
All this features are great but something else also stands out; the design. The Honor Magic rocks a 5.09-inch 2K AMOLED screen with a curved design. The double 3D glass reflect bright light, great for outdoors.
The phone’s battery is made out of a special graphite molecular structure. Combined with the new charging circuit, the Honor Magic can charge up to 40% in 10 minutes and 70% in 20 minutes.
Rocking a 12MP dual-lens rear camera, with one lens shooting black and white for capturing detail and the other capturing color.
At the moment, the Honor Magic is only sold in China, but there might be other countries down the line that will get a taste of this amazing new phone and all its features.